Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Coy Boys

What do you get when you combine tortellini soup, Battleship, Stratego, popcorn, and the movie, Race to Witch Mountain? A super fun evening with great-nephews!!! I got to spend a few hours with the Coy boys yesterday. We had a blast. They shared their talents in the areas of belching and farting, while I did the same. Hey, I never said I was an angel, right!?!

After finishing up supper we split into teams, Harrison/Brie against Zane/Aunt Brenda. Harrison beat us by 1 move on Battleship, and absolutely pounded us at Stratego. He did, however, give me lots of compliments on how well I had done for my first time playing that particular game. It was funny trying to keep Zane from giving away our positions... he's so "helpful" that way.

The highlight of the evening was a conversation with Ewan. It went something like this.....

Ewan: "Why do you have big boobs?"
Me: "I don't know, why do you have little boobs?"
Ewan (tugging on the top of his shirt): "Because I'm a boy."
Me: "I guess I have big boobs because I'm a girl."

Keep in mind that when he began the question, I was expecting something completely different. He didn't ask about my big belly, or big butt. Nope, bless his pea picking heart, it was all about the boobs! Out of the mouths of babes.

Looking forward to spending more time with the boys. Ewan asked me if I could take them to the park. I'll have set a date to do just that. Let the adventures begin. ☺

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Brenda, I am sitting here laughing so hard. Kids say the darndest things. Thanks for the laugh.

Jamie said...

The boys had a super great time! :)
And I'm not quite sure about Ewan's uber-obsession with all things 'boobs' lately. I guess he is just 100% male.