Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, April 30, 2010

Breaking Heart

My heart is heavy this day. I feel such sadness and sorrow as I face the loss of my friend. My emotions are mixed. One part of me wants Lesa to be free of the pain and suffering she is experiencing. The other part wants to hold onto her for dear life. That would be the selfish part of me.This is not the Lesa I was with yesterday. All I could do was kneel at her side, hold her hand and cry as she slept. She wants so badly to return home yet her body will not release her beautiful spirit. Why? Why does she have to linger? Why must she continue to suffer? Why? She is so weak now. How long will she have to continue this journey? When is it enough?

I'm sad. I'm angry. I'm struggling with saying goodbye to someone I so dearly love. I laugh. I cry. I grieve. There is just so much I feel... Is this what it feels like when your heart is breaking?

4 comments:

Candace said...

I'm sorry for our loss. Lesa is a great woman. She was there for me at a difficult time in my life. I wish her peace at this time, I also wish you peace. Say goodbye to her for me the next time you are at her side. Loves, hugs and prayers.

Sommer said...

Oh Brenda, I'm so so sorry. I can't even imagine what you must be going through, or Lesa and her family. Lesa was my YW's president when I was a laurel, but I haven't really seen her since. She is a great, lovely, wonderful woman. I wish I could ease your pain and hers. Hang in there, vent, cry, and pray like crazy when you need too. You'll both be in my prayers.

Jamie said...

This post was so hard to read without crying. I feel so sad. Her strength through this entire situation has been amazing.

Heather said...

I didn't realize things were so bad for her right now! Thank you for the post though, I am always grateful to be reunited with my softer side.