Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Auntie Brenda

Ok, so I'm not a blood relative to some of my special little friends, but I've still earned the title of Aunt Brenda to most. Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with 3 such friends. While their mommy attending a training class, I got to have fun and spoil them... and of course when I was finished spoiling them, I sent them home to their parents. I'm going to be such a "wonderful" grandmother some day.After naps were taken and Hayden had arrived from school, it was time to bake some cookies. Hayden was my wing man and he did a superb job! We baked a batch of "Lots of Good Stuff" cookies; half with butterscotch chips, the other with chocolate chips. Of course I had to fight everyone off of the batter bowl... Em and Brie taught Hayden and Connor the fine art of sneaking batter... BAD GIRLS. I warned Hayden to never marry a girl like my girls. When all was said and done Hayden, Connor, Serena, and of course their dad, Mike, went home with 2 doz. fresh cookies to enjoy while Angie (mommy) was still working. All well that ends well. Come see me again someday... you're welcome anytime.

No comments: