Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blind Sided Lion King


Yesterday was the yearly Priest/Laurel trip. This year Bishop Bushey and the YM/YW Presidency's decided on a trip to see a Broadway show. A group of youth from our ward left shortly after 8:30a to head to NYC to see The Lion King.
Top L~R.. Alex, John, Caleb.. Middle L~R Emile, Jael, Deanna, Emily.. Bottom.. Bishop Bushey

The kids arrived home, safe and sound, around 10p. Emile reports that the show was amazing. She really enjoyed it.Since Em was away for the evening, my sister, Cindy, called and asked if I'd like to go see The Blind Side. We went to the cheap theater on Pauline Drive. The tickets are only $4.00 for a show ($2.00 before 6p). The theater was packed. I guess the economy is forcing people to seek out more affordable entertainment venues. Fine with me, I've been doing cheap theaters since the girls could sit on one seat together.What a touching movie. This poor young man... I cried during several scenes. I can't imagine what his life was like before he met his "new" family. What wonderful people they are. I was surprised by the humor in the story as well. The entire theater busted out in laughter numerous time. It was a fantastic show. Well worth seeing.

So we all had fun enjoying uplifting entertainment yesterday. Now back to reality. ☺

6 comments:

Jamie said...

NYC sounds like an awesome trip! I had no idea The Blind Side was still in the theaters. Even Andy wants to see that movie.

Ashley said...

I really really really want to see that movie!
I am so jealous that my dad took the youth to see Lion King. I just can't convince him to take his own daughter!
Looks like Emile had fun. I am happy for her!

Mary said...

Heard both were excellent. And who is the other Emily, she doesn't look familiar.

We Three Queens said...

Mary, the other Emily is Emily Nash. Her family moved into the ward a few years ago. Her mom teaches seminary for the Dallastown kids.

Sommer said...

We never had those kinds of things when I was a laurel! I'm glad they had fun and I too LOVE the Blindside!!!

Heather said...

One of my favorite lines is when the dad says to the mom "who would have thought we would have a black son before we ever met a democrat. :)