Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, April 10, 2010

FUN with Great Aunt Brenda

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of spending some time with my great-nephews,Harrison, Zane, Ewan & Abric. Brie and I had watched them one evening while their parents went grocery shopping. While we were there a trailer for the movie, "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" came on. Harrison was able to tell me all kinds of details about the story. He even ran upstairs, retrieved his book, and began reading sections to me. I was totally impressed! Before the night was over, it was decided that I would take him to see the movie. And that we did. A week or so later I picked Harrison and Zane up and off to the movies we went. It was a cute movie with a great message. The boys enjoyed themselves and I had a chance to get to know them a little better.Following the movie we had pizza then headed to my house to play Beatles Rock Band. Zane gave the drums a try while Harrison took control of he guitar. Em had a turn on the drums too. Brie and I took turns on vocals. It was a blast!

I also spent the Friday evening before Easter (the evening before I went back in the hospital for the third time) making sugar cookies with Alexandra and Isabel. I took all the supplies to their house and before we knew it, we had two large plates of delicious Easter decorated sugar cookie. What fun.

So I'm at the stage of my life where it's beginning to be super fun spending quality time with my great nieces and nephews. When I was a child I remember how much I loved my Great Aunt Grace (my Pappy's sister). She was the best. I always hoped when it was my turn to be a great aunt I'd have a special bond with the little ones. It seems as if that's starting to happen.

I'm so proud of my nieces and nephews and the choices they've made in their lives. The are married to wonderful spouses and are raising good families. They are an example to me each and every day. I'm thankful to have them all in my life.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thank you so much for posting this! H and Z really had a blast watching the movie. They've been quoting the movie for the last couple weeks! You were such a sweetheart to take them. :)