Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, November 27, 2010

White Christmas

Today was a busy but productive day which ended with a super fun treat. For 10 years I worked with a young man as his home health care provider. Due to continued health issues, I am no longer working with him, rather I have other cases at this time. When you work with a family as long as I worked with his, you become friends... and the friendship often lasts long after the *case* has ended. Such is the situation here. As a special treat, the young man's mother, Rita, invited me to spend the evening with her family at Dutch Apple Dinner Theater in Lancaster. After a delicious dinner we watched the live performance of White Christmas.Dare I admit it, I have never seen White Christmas before. I loved it! Now I'm totally intrigued and would love to see the original show with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney. I'll have to see if I can't get a hold of it. You never know what you're missing, do you?Thanks a million, Rita. I loved the show. You are a wonderful friend.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

One of my all-time favorite Christmas movies! I have it if you want to borrow it. :) I make my boys watch it every year. It the THE classic of all classic Christmas movies. :) Sounds like a fun night!