Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Poor Aching Mouth

What began as what I thought was a sinus infection well over a month ago, has evolved into a trip to the dentist, a solid diagnosis, and over the past 36 hours, a case of excruciating pain.I went to my dentist last Wednesday and found out I had a significant cavity in between the two last molars on the upper right side. The very last molar will have to be extracted. My appointment isn't until Dec. 1st. When I made the appt., I was afraid I wouldn't make it until then due to the pain. The dentist gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and some Tylenol 3. Well, let me just say, my worst fears were realized AND the pain med did absolutely nothing.

This was a post I put on my Facebook page around 2am today... "If crying would help, I'd cry right now. This pain is not breaking. I just took 850mg. of Tylenol, 250mg. of Aspirin, 60mg of Codeine, and 65mg of Caffeine (in the form of 2 Tylenol 3's and 1 Headache Relief Tab) to try and relieve this pain. Obviously the dentist I saw on Wed. does not grasp the depth of my pain." Around 10:30am my family doctor, Dr. K., called me from Sacrament Meeting and I explained what was going on. He immediately called in a different antibiotic and pain medication. My sister, Cindy, picked it up shortly after noon and dropped it here at the house. Just before she did so, Andy and Keith (her son and husband) had given me a blessing. I was so thankful to have both the blessing and the medications.

I'm feeling much better now. I'm exhausted from not sleeping well for the last 2 nights. Plus being in that kind of pain is very draining. I'm now going to go to bed for a little while. I need some sleep. First thing tomorrow I'll be calling the dentist back and pressing to be seen sooner. There's no way I'll make it to Dec. 1st. This situation needs to be addressed immediately.

1 comment:

Mary said...

tooth pain is like one of the worst in my opinion