Inspirational Thoughts

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday's Magnet

Posted by Picasa
I must begin my admitting that I totally forgot to post any of my Monday Magnet posts since Emile's birthday. My bad. I'm not sure why I forgot.. but I did. So here we go again.

The magnet I picked for today is a little *daisy* I made with Brie several years ago when she was a Daisy Girl Scout. We used wooden ice cream sticks that we painted and glued together with a little wood circle in the center. It has faded a little over time, but you still can get the gist. The flower reminds each Daisy of the Girl Scout Promise and Law. The blue center is earned when the girls recite the Promise, and each pedal color represents a specific part of the Law and is earned as each part of the Law is memorized and recited. It is as follows:
The Girl Scout Promise

On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.


The Girl Scout Law

I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.
I tried to find Brie's Daisy Uniform for a picture, but I couldn't. I know it's here, I just didn't see it. There you have it... a magnet with meaning.

No comments: