Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wishing on a Shooting Star

I saw a shooting star tonight. Actually it was the second I've seen in the last 2 weeks. The first was when I was on my front porch, tonight's was from the driveway. Ok, so I know a shooting star isn't actually a star, it's a meteor, but it's still beautiful to see. And still it's magical to see one. When I lived in Utah and worked at Kennecott, I used to go out on a perimeter patrol to check gates. One of the areas was off the beaten path on the Oquirrh Mountain Range (pictured above), heading to Farnworth Peak (where the KSL transmission towers are located). It was pitch dark in that area... which is perfect for star gazing. The only time there was any light was either my truck or when the occasional ore haulage train went past. I loved sitting there. It was quiet and peaceful. You could see forever. Some nights the sky was full of shooting stars. It was truly spectacular to see.

So I figure.. after not seeing any for years, I see two in a short period of time. I must be in for some good luck sometime soon. How cool is that!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Your picture of the valley makes me homesick! :) Beautiful!