Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Much Clearer Now

For the past several months I've been noticing how much harder it is for me to see when I'm trying to read or do close up work. I even resorted to buying a pair of reading glasses which did the trick. Only problem is I was always forgetting to take them along with me to work or church, or leaving them in the van and not having them when I wanted to read in the evening before I went to bed. Solution: Trip to the eye doctor for a vision check.The exam did result in a change in my contact prescription. I now wear one lens for distance vision the other for near vision. I really wasn't ready to give up my contacts any time soon. I've had the trial pair in for 9 hours now and they seem to be working out just fine so far. I'm really liking the fact that I'm not having to wear reading glasses right now. WOOP WOOP!!!It's safe to say that after 26 years, I'm still a devoted contact lens wearer. I'm not old, just mature... I just have to be willing to adapt from time to time.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That's really cool. When you look close-up (or far away) do you have to look through everything one-eyed, or do your eyes automatically adjust?

Mary said...

I just went to the eye doctor last week. And I keep thinking after wearing contacts for 15 years, perhaps I should go try out the Lasik.

We Three Queens said...

Jamie, the brain automatically adjusts. When I first look at a book for a split second I think.. oh, something's not quite right, then that fast, it "corrects" and it seems normal. The same thing happens when I go back to distance vision. It's almost like going from left to right (or back again) rather than up and down (as in the case with bifocal glasses). It's pretty amazing how it works. So far so good. And Mary, I would consider Lasik if I had insurance, however, as with any eye procedure, the eye itself continues to age and the procedure would have to be re-done again at some point anyway. For now, I'll stick with this. For someone your age, I'd probably have Lasik done.