Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, March 5, 2010

SMILE

Last Thursday (a week ago ~ while I was recovering from pneumonia) I took Brie to the orthodontist to get impressions done for her retainer. I only got out of bed to make the trip... and actually fell asleep waiting for the doctor to come in. The trip was well worth it though.The girls will tell you that I have my camera with me all the time, which is true. Nothing is off limits... even retainer impressions.Before we knew it the braces were off and Brie had a beautiful smile. She decided on clear retainers. When they're in place you don't really see them unless you look closely. SHE LOOKS AWESOME!I remember when I started this process with Emile 5 years ago, it seemed overwhelming. I had to pay $3,500 out of pocket for Em's braces and $3,400 for Brie's. That didn't seem possible. Now that we're at this end of it, I feel such a sense of accomplishment. Both girls are done (I still have 3 payments for Brie) and have beautiful smiles. I'm so thankful I had the ability to support them and their needs. Thank you, Dr. Bonney for doing such a great job with my girls. They look great!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Holy expensive. I had no idea.

We Three Queens said...

Yes Mary... it's so expensive. At least their dad's insurance paid $1,500 for Em and $1,600 for Brie's. Every penny counts. Technically their dad should have paid 1/2, but since I knew that would never happen, I just took it on myself. I did it!!!! Woop woop for me.

Jamie said...

Awesome smile!

Cheri said...

Beautiful smile!!

Brenda said...

She looks absolutely beautiful. How those teeth sparkle! Where's my sunglasses?