Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sweet Spring Day

As everyone knows, today is the first day of Spring. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. The temps were in the 70's, the sun was shining, and there was a gentle breeze all day. It was perfect. To top things off, Rita's gives a free Italian Ice away on the first day of Spring. I picked up Alexandra and Isabel, Emile and David, and together we headed over. We probably waited in line about ½ an hour. Not too bad considering the line was wrapped all the way around the side of the building (this picture doesn't do it justice).After Rita's we ran home because I had a follow-up eye appt. By 3 we were ready to make our next stop.... Bruster's!If you showed up wearing PJ's you could get a free 1 scoop cone. Hey, I'm game for anything, plus Bruster's is dog friendly and even has a doggy sundae. Samantha loves going anytime she gets a chance.When we finished at Bruster's we headed to a park to run off some energy. The girls found some other kids to play with and had fun running around. They even found a ladybug.One can always find joy in discovering the first ladybug of the season.So another first day of Spring has come to a close. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves... and to quote Isabel, "This was the best day ever." I couldn't agree with her more.

4 comments:

Mary said...

It was a great day. And Bella got baptized and I couldn't be more happy that the weather cooperated. We got a free Rita's but I had no idea about Brusters. Thanks for the tip.

Sommer said...

Man can your day have been any better???? I think not! Talk about perfect!

Laura Lynn said...

Hi Brenda!

I love all of your pictures on your blog. They are really nice.
I've enjoyed going through it all.

About the cake plates...I was just out today and found some great plates by the way! Anyway, you can use a quick drying epoxy. It comes in a tube which you can find at Lowe's or HD or any hardware store. I also have a resin I use but the epoxy is better. I was at Marshall's the other day and they also have a bunch of inexpensive plates that would be great to use.

Let me know how they turn out,
I'll be checking in!
Thanks,
Laura

Laura Lynn said...

Brenda,
I'm honored that you added me to your friend list! I'll add yours to mine and follow you.
I look forward to getting to know you through the blog world. Isn't is great? :)
Laura