Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Time Out

This has been a trying 24 hours for me and Emile. Since things continued to deteriorate today, I decided it was best for us to have a time out. Fortunately I have my sister, Cindy, who lives close by. I called her and asked if Em could stay with her for a few days and she said yes. I'm grateful for her willingness (along with Uncle Keith) to allow Em to stay there for a "cool down" period.As can be expected, Emile was upset with me. On the way to Cindy's home Em told me I was kicking her out, that I didn't love her, and why would I take her somewhere where she's not liked. I tried explaining that I love her but do not like her behavior. Not only that, we BOTH needed a break from one another. I know I make my share of mistakes. I am far from winning the "Mom of the Year Award." I am willing to try and learn from my mistakes. I am not willing to tolerate being disrespected or unappreciated. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. I hope a few days of time out will help us both see how much love we truly have for one another. If not, I will continue being the worst mom on the planet.... I can live with that for now.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I see you are trying to follow in my footsteps by winning both the "best" and the "worst" mom of the year awards.

Wish I were there, cuz I would take Emile for you, and besides that, we could just sit around and vent for awhile.

Good luck with the unappreciated and the disrespected comment. You will be both of those for years to come. We(moms) don't smarten up until our kids turn at least 22.