Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Last of Autumn

Before we get into the Christmas season with all its spirit and beauty, I thought I'd take one last look back at Autumn. Here goes.Sunflowers before harvest on a foggy morning.Crop harvesting equipment.An old tree by the barn.Corn stalks before harvest.Stone wall and the old door of an amazing barn.Hay bales ready to be stored.Last leaves hanging on in the forest.

And my personal favorite....I just loved seeing this scene as I was driving this fall. For some reason it was just amazing to me. I could truly see God's goodness in this spot each day. Can you see the 5 point star in this picture? Does this picture invoke special feelings in you as it does in me?

Good-bye Autumn... thank you for the beauty you shared with me this year.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Beautiful pictures! Did you take them? I love the black and white. One of my favorite parts of autumn would have to be the sunflowers! I always enjoy seeing the one or two sunflowers that face the opposite direction from the rest of the crowd.

We Three Queens said...

Yes, Ashley. I took all these pictures in the last two weeks. I agree with you about the sunflowers. They have a mind of their own... or so it seems. Did you find the 5 point star in the last picture?