Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, January 16, 2009

Teenage Brains (or lack thereof)


I'll get right to the point. Contrary to popular belief, I suck! Ok, now that we've established that point, let me tell you why. I'm a bad mom. I have a favorite child. I'm always mean to my other child. I yell all the time. You can add you're own thoughts from here......It's out of the realm of possibilities to consider the fact that I actually try to do more for the "unfavored" child just to keep the peace. Of course, that's not how said child sees things. Figures.So we come to the brain. According to Cosmos (8 Sept 2006), teenagers "hardly use area of brain involved in thinking about other people's emotions." Duh! Imagine that. It took a fMRI to tell us what we already had figured out on our own. Now all I have to do in keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass."Does this apply to me, her, or both?!?

2 comments:

Candace said...

i so am not looking forward to the teenage years. i to have a favorite child...we need to start a support group because we can't be alone in this.

Sarah said...

Very interesting but makes since. By the way, thanks for mentioning the smell of books.. Michael is obsessed :P