Inspirational Thoughts

Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Memories

The other day there was a figure skating program on TV. The girls were in the room with me and before I knew it I was telling them about Emile and her love of Scott Hamilton as well as the Riverdance troupe. SO, today's memory is called....
My Very Talented Dancing Emile!!

When Em was about 3, Riverdance was extremely popular. You couldn't turn on PBS without seeing one of their performances, which was fine with me since I really liked watching them. What I didn't realize at first was just how much of an impression it was having on Emile.One evening while I was watching a performance, Emile came into the room, ran back out and after several minutes came running back into my room. She had put on her black patent leather shoes and was ready to join the dance. It was hysterical! Here she was in her panties and undershirt... and of course her dancing shoes... She was dancing her little heart out!She says she's grateful I didn't have a video camera to record such events. I on the other hand wish I had had one. (It's ironic I came across this picture. Emile had these exact shoes AND socks that went with a black and gold dress I bought her for Christmas one year).

Another HUGE love of hers was Scott Hamilton. EVERY time she spotted him on TV she'd ask if I could bring him home so she could play with him. She thought he was pretty darn great. For the record, so did I.Such sweet memories. Where have the years gone? I'd love to be able to go back in time once in awhile and replay moments like these. This will have to do.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I loved and still do love Riverdance like no body's business.