Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Has Winter Arrived??

I think it has. It's beginning to look a lot like WINTER!! WooHoo! This has been an unusual winter season. We had a small snowfall in November... then nothing but rain or freezing rain... resulting in ice. I loathe ice. I'm terrified of falling, not to mention wrecking the van. That would be a total bummer. It's starting to look like we're entering a different pattern... at least a little bit.

Yesterday we woke to a few inches of snow. Last night we got a bit more snow. Over night we got freezing rain... this afternoon plain rain. I guess you can say we had a mixed bag. That's ok though. We had enough snow for Brie and some of her friends to go sledding.It was really cold. The wind was kicking up causing it to feel really bitter on the skin. I guess it's a sure sign that I'm getting old because I was ready to come home much sooner than the girls were.As I was watching the girls, the clouds opened and it rained pretty hard for a few minutes. Out to the west you could see the clouds beginning to break and the sun was starting to shine through. It was really pretty. When I turned back to the east, I saw a beautiful double rainbow.I'm not sure how well you can see it, but the second rainbow is just to the left of the brighter one. It was so cool to see it in the winter. Another reminder of God's promises. What a wonderful winter day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is a beautiful double rainbow!! right place, right time, good picture!!

Beckie said...

What a gorgeous picture! You should really consider another career.

Sommer said...

wow, great pictures!!!!