Inspirational Thoughts

Monday, May 7, 2007

W.A.M....

Here's a "spin" on Jamie's entry about HAM. Mine happens to pertain to something far more logical and useful than hiking across Maryland.... although if the DAM crew (Dave, Andy, and Michael) want to hike, more power to them, you'd find me dead somewhere.

Way back in the beginning of time (or so it felt), some DAM men decided to go hike all over kingdom come. When they got home they smelled really bad and their wives had to wash their stinky clothes. What did she use?????
You guessed it, her hands. It was backbreaking work. But did that stop their DAM husbands from hiking again? NO.

Fast forward many years. So now we at least find someone smart enough to invent a useful item for women, especially since DAM men were hiking more and more. What was it?
Here you have it... the WASHING MACHINE. Women the entire world over were jumping for joy. Finally their hands would get some much needed rest. As time went by, these machines got better and better, making women happier and happier.
Now if you fast forward another 50 years, give or take, you can see that washing machines do just about anything you could imagine. Women are now washing with ease... allowing them to be free to do more enjoyable things with their DAM husbands.
So, have you figured out what W. A. M. stands for? DUH???? It's..............
W.= Washers
A.= Are
M.= Magnificent

Yes, yes, yes........WASHERS ARE MAGNIFICENT!

The End

Ok, so this was a fun little thing for me to do, however, have you ever thought about the modern conveniences we enjoy? I mean really stop to think about it and how it makes our lives so much easier? On Glenn Beck (a few months back) he was talking about how easy we have it. What about you. What do you consider the greatest invention of your lifetime (or that back to say your grandparents)? For me it really is the washing machine. I would hate to have to wash the way they did in old times. I could get by without a dryer, microwave, T.V., even a fridge. I wouldn't want to have to give up my washer. Please comment and let me know what you think. I'd love to get your perspectives.

3 comments:

Donsher said...

Okay, You really need to write a book. You could call it something like,"Life according to Brenda", Or "Ramblings By Brenda", it could be in an Ermma Bombeck(sp) styling! You are so funny! sherry
P.S. Love all the pictures you use in your blog!

We Three Queens said...

Thanks for the compliment. Actually I have considered writing a book a few times... just always put it off. All of my pics come from Google... just click on "images" and type in the subject you are looking for and see what's there. It's a blast. Of course some are my own, too.

Anonymous said...

You are a trip.... and I really liked the story about the DAM husbands!!!

Thanks for being my friend.
Cheri