Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day


Today is one of my favorite days of the year. I love this day because it is a day to reflect on motherhood... at least I do. Of course the obvious thing is about paying tribute to mothers. I looked on the web and found some pictures which I feel show some of the joys of motherhood.

I also came across two pictures which really impacted me. We truly hold a life in our hands. From the moment we conceive we will always be a mother.... through time and eternity. It's true that the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world. Is there any position in the world more important? Society would have us believe there is, however, I know this to be false. It doesn't matter what else I do, if I fail my children, I will have failed in life all together.
Today I sat behind Emile and the kids at church. As I watched her with Harrison and Zane, I saw how her life might be in a few years. She was helping them take the sacrament, taking them to the bathroom, keeping them quiet and settled, etc. It truly was like looking into the future. Even a member of the bishopric told her how grown up she looked today. He wondered who she was when she walked into the chapel with the boys... thinking she was a new member or visitor... until he realized it was her. So you see, it's not only me who saw the future. Before I know it, she will be a mother... I a grandmother... and the circle of life will continue. It always does. And so as this day comes to a close, so does my reflecting for now. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: