Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, May 11, 2007

Thunderstorm

We had our first real "severe" thunderstorm of the spring season last evening. I LOVE THUNDERSTORMS! I love watching how they build in intensity and move closer until finally they release their energy and move on. I kept listening in on weather reports throughout the day and it looked as if we would have a decent chance of a storm, and sure enough just at dusk it hit our area. I wasn't disappointed. A few homes were hit by lightning, resulting in fires (although that's the part of the storm I don't enjoy) and there was some flashflooding resulting in water rescues. I sat out on the front porch and watched the lightning until it was close enough that I didn't feel it was safe to stay outdoors any longer. I probably should have come in sooner but it was so relaxing watching while I rocked on my rocking chair. I also planted a bleeding heart plant in my flower bed abour half an hour earlier, so the rain was most helpful for that as well. Isn't Mother Nature wonderful!!

No comments: