Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

How May I Help You?


I'm beginning to think I should go to work for Wal*Mart. No, I don't think the wages are great. No, I don't think the employees have good health benefits. No, I'm not convinced management really cares about the employees. What I DO believe is.... Wal*Mart employees have TERRIFIC job security. How's that? Has anyone besides me noticed that everytime you go to a Wal*Mart the employees are always moving merchandise from one spot to another? I'm not talking about stocking new incoming merchandise.... no, I'm talking about up and rearranging... kinda like you do in your living room when you get bored!! It boggles my mind... which isn't necessarily hard to do. I do think it's a form of job security. I really do.

Case in point. Last night I was at Wal*Mart to buy some socks for Brie. I looked at a few shirts in the plus size women's section. Everything was nicely arranged, however, I decided not to purchase the item I was looking at. Today I went back... we're talking 14 hours later... and the plus size section was no where to be found. I looked in the area it had been last night.. gone. I looked on the other side of the rack, not there. Where oh where has my plus size department gone, oh where oh where could it be? Come on people, we're talking PLUS SIZE here! Finally I spotted 5 or 6 employees standing around. I had lost my temper at this point so I shouted "Could anyone tell me where the plus sizes are?" I was pointed to the area over toward the jewelry dept. (which by the way is where the clothes originally had been until last fall, when someone had a brain fart and decided to move it toward men's clothes... maybe because we're as big as men are... just kidding). I asked them if it would be possible to just leave things where they are instead of moving it around all the time. I was told they're just following instructions. Yeah, like when the store decided to rearrange the shoe dept. Give that a try if you want to end up having to duct tape your head back together after it explodes.

SOOOOOOO....... How May You Help Me?????


I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE STOP MOVING THE MERCHANDISE AROUND....

PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEE!!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Am I the only one who feels like Wal-Mart is trying to take over the world? (Like Pinky and the Brain.)

Donsher said...

I feel your pain!!! Leave it alone!!!I also HATE the new shoe department!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you know they are getting rid of the Fabrics section!!?? The stores will no long have a fabric department in about 3 years. Some are already gone!!
And Yes, we would love to have you for pageant. I will be leaving in July (towards the end of the month) so it would be best to come towards the beginning of pageant. See ya soon!