Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hershey Park Happy


I'm sure you can tell where we went today by the picture above. We had a terrific time and it didn't cost us a penny except for the gas to get there. How? It was Harley Davidson day. But you don't work for Harley, do you? Nope I sure don't, but it helps to have friends that do. Here's what happened. The other evening we got a call inviting Brie to go up with her friend Jenny. Her dad works at Harley and since Emile has gone the last several years, Jenny invited Brie this time. Emile agreed that that was fair and took not being invited very well. When I dropped Brie at Jenny's house last evening to sleep over, Tom (Jenny's dad) told me a co-worker of his gave him his 2 tickets and said to give them to someone who could use them. And there you have it. Our free trip to Hershey... including free parking and all the food you could eat at 2 catering locations from 11A to 4P. We couldn't have asked for a better deal.











Brie was brave enough to ride the Claw for the first time today. Emile went on Lightening Racer, Great Bear, and Wildcat today. Also a first. My girls are much braver than I. Even if I wanted to go on these rides I wouldn't be allowed to since the accident. It gives me an excuse to be a wimp. I'll let the bravery up to the girls, thank you very much.













The day was a blast. The weather was a little cool, but not too bad at all. The few lines we waited in moved very fast. The food was very good. The girls even played a game and worked together to win Brie a big stuffed bear. Everything was great. We'll go again later in the summer. There will be tons of people then, but it will still be fun. Who can go wrong when you're spending time watching those you love most having such a terrific time, right? Here's the reason it's referred to as "Hershey Park Happy!" Thanks so much Tom for offering to share in the fun today. We appreciate your generosity.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Looks like you had a blast. I love Hershey, especially the big bear! What a great time of year to go: no long lines, no heat, sounds good to me!