Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, March 29, 2007

School Daze


Welcome to Emile's school.... or perhaps the "Prison" as she may feel it is at times. This is where Emile has spent the last 2 3/4 years learning. She has had some terrific teachers, and a few who were less than impressive. I just get irritated when I have higher expectations than that of her teachers. It amazes me how little some of them seem to care.

In her nearly 3 years in middle school, she has made new friends, gotten better at playing the clarinet for band, marched in several parades, acted in school plays, tried out for volleyball, spent some time in detention, and even one ISS. Of course I wasn't at all happy with the ISS, however, she did seem to learn a valuable lesson (and had the fear of her demise put into her by me) from the experience. All in all, she's done very well and I'm truly pleased with how far she's come.

Next year she's off to the high school. Can you believe it? I'll have a freshman in the house. Wasn't it just last year that I was a freshman? It sure seems like it to me. I can't believe how fast the time has gone... and it's downhill from here they say. Before I know it she'll be heading off to college.

She has some goals in mind and it appears she may be heading for a career in Law Enforcement. I would support that. We have a friend who is a Baltimore County Officer. She told Emile that beginning when she's 14 she will be able to do ride alongs. At 18 Em can go into the cadet program so by the time she turns 21 she'll be ready to go into the academy. I think it's a great plan. It gives her something to work toward. Whatever she decides to do, as long as it's a foward move, I will support her to the best of my ability.

No comments: