Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crappy Situation

So the other day Emile yelled down... "Where's the toilet paper?" to which I replied..."There's a roll in the basket beside the toilet." to which Brie commented..."No I took it out to put on the paper dispenser but it was all wet and had a dark black mark on it so I didn't use it." After a trip to the van to get out the new pack I had just bought, I decided I'd better investigate (although I really didn't want to).Sure enough, the carpet was wet (I know, who on earth puts carpet in their bathroom? The previous owner.. hopefully I'll be able to put in a new floor this spring) and I could feel water on the underneath the left side of the tank. I was able to figure out the problem was with the bolt that connects the tank to the bowl... but when I tried to tighten said bolt the drip got faster so I backed off. I REALLY hate dealing with these types of repairs! Even though I've gotten fairly good at fixing some things, I had no idea how to tackle this one. What did I do? I called my Home Teacher. Bless his heart, it was Brother Miles to the rescue.He arrived just after I got home from work last evening... supplies in hand, and got right to work. Before long he had replaced the gaskets and bolts and we turned the water back on. Shortly after he left, however, I discovered it's still leaking a tiny bit. With the new bolt in place, I think it's just a case of needing to tighten it a little more, which I'm going to try myself in a minute.I'm beginning to think that before I leave this mortal sphere, I will have learned more than I thought possible about home repairs. Knowledge is power. I'm sure it's not a bad thing that I'm learning more about joys of toilet repairs.

The End.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Toilet repairs stink....literally!