Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beautiful Insight


For Christmas this year someone gave me the book, "My Dear Sisters" by Gordon B. Hinckley. It was an anonymous gift so I don't know who to thank... I am truly enjoying this inspirational book about women. Today I came across a message that really penetrated my heart. As I read the quote, this is what I pictured....."Have you ever contemplated the wonders of yourself, the eyes with which you see, the ears with which you hear, the voice with which you speak? No camera ever built can compare with the human eye. No method of communication ever devised can compare with the voice and the ear. No pump ever built will run as long or as efficiently as the human heart. No computer or other creation of science can equal the human brain. What a remarkable thing you are. You can think by day and dream by night."

Isn't that remarkable? I remember looking at Emile and Brie when they were newborns and thinking to myself that they had everything within them to complete their mortal journey... provided they were taught, nurtured, and loved. Nothing was missed. Certainly there are times when things go "wrong" or defects are present, however, for the most part we are marvelous beings made in the image of a loving Father. And even when one is "different" Heavenly Father is aware and provides us comfort and the means to care for the challenges we face. How cool is that?!As I have been reading this book I've come to realize how much I miss President Hinckley. I am reminded of how much he loved the women of the gospel. He ALWAYS showed his affection and admiration for us in word and deed. He always made us feel like the blessed Daughters of God we truly are. I miss hearing his voice... seeing his smile... watching the sparkle in his eye. Once again today, I am thankful for being taught by this Prophet of God.

No comments: