Inspirational Thoughts

Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday Memories

CHRISTMAS......

When I was a child, I'd get so excited for Christmas to arrive that I'd literally make myself sick. I can remember many Christmas mornings on the floor of my mom's bedroom. I was so beside my self waiting to open gifts that by the time we were finished, I'd start feeling sick on my stomach. Mom would make me take some Pepto. I'd ALWAYS end up throwing up. Nothing like pink puke. To this day I won't take Pepto! YUCK.On a more pleasant note....... My all time favorite Christmas gift was a Barbie's Friend Ship. I wanted one so bad. It was the only thing I asked for when I was.... I think about 9 or 10. When it was closed it looked like a flight attendants carry on bag.But.... when you opened it up, it was the inside of an airplane. It was FANTASTIC!! I mean it was the absolute best!
I loved that plane. I thought I was something pretty special to get such a wonderful gift that year. I know it was my "big" gift. I also know I kept it right beside me as I lie on the floor, sicker than a dog, after opening my presents that morning. That was alright though, I still had my airplane. Life was just fine.

3 comments:

Donsher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donsher said...

Very sweet memory! You should compile a "book of memories" for your girls. If I enjoy reading them. your girls will LOVE reading them!(sorry, first post had too many typos';}

Ashley said...

I have never met somebody that would get sick over all the excitement! Do you still do that? That Barbie kit is AWESOME! I think it would have been my favorite too. Who doesn't love the Barbie stuff?