Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Monday Memories (on Saturday)

With all the excitement, hustle and bustle during the holiday season, I obviously got behind on my blog. I thought today would be a nice time to catch up on everyone's blog and add another entry to mine. Today's memory has to do with music.

When I was in elementary school in Utah (Granger/West Valley) I was in the chorus. Once Christmas we were invited to sing in the "Living Christmas Tree" at West Valley Mall. Of course we were all excited and had no idea what a living Christmas tree was or exactly what we'd be doing other than singing. It was more fun than I imagined.We all marched up into the tree and the lights went down so just the lights on the tree were lit. Then we sang. It was thrilling! So many people were there to watch us perform. I don't remember what we sang... just the experience itself. While this picture isn't of our little school choir, it looks very similar to the tree we were in. What a memory.

Fast forward 30+ years. Now I go to watch my own children in their Christmas music programs. It's exciting in its own way to do so.Brie playing her flute for one of the numbers.So demure.Emile after the concert. Doesn't she look lovely in her new dress? The entire band got new outfits this year.


Sorry the quality isn't the best, however, it still sounds good and shows our talented band in action. Em thinks I'm a dork but who cares? It's my right to brag from time to time, right?!

Before I know it I suppose I'll be going to see my grandchildren in their Christmas programs. Another chapter to look forward to... another memory to build.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Nice video! Thanks for sharing. That was a great song. Andy said that he played that same song when he was in band. Rock on! :)

Beckie said...

Wow I can't believe both your girls are in band. I never knew that. They look adorable and I bet the concert was fun. I always enjoy holiday concerts.

Sommer said...

Hi! Your girls are so big now and so beautiful! Crazy!!!! I still remember Bri when she was only 1! My how time flys. I'm love the slideshow and chrismtas pics, so cute!