Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's been a while since I took the time to blog... so I figured today was a great day to stop for a few minutes and take the time to remember what is most important in my life. My family... and of course this wonderful season, Christmas.Christmas Eve before the girls opened their "Santa Jammies."Em and Brie all ready for bed when the time comes.

Our day started out a few minutes after 7 when Brie decided she just couldn't get back to sleep. This is the earliest either of the girls has ever woke on Christmas morning. She was beside herself with excitement so I told her she could wake Emile and we'd head downstairs. Before we knew it we were deep in wrapping paper. Oh what fun!!!!Just a wee bit of happiness was displayed when certain gifts were revealed.

Following the gifts, I made a quick breakfast of eggs, sausage and toast. Next came showers and getting dressed to head over to Aunt Cindy's house to see family. It was nice to spend a few hours together.Nieces and nephews... as well as great nieces and nephews. Isn't it great!?!L-R... Jamie & Andy, Sarah & Michael, Lindsey & Jason, and Anya & Ben. Don't I have terrific nieces and nephews?

And so you have it. Another Christmas has come and almost gone. Another year has past... a new year is almost here. How can it be that time moves so swiftly? How thankful I am for all the blessings I have received this year. For all the prayers offered up on behalf of my family. For all the help and "gifts" we've been given. I'm honestly not sure were I'd be without all the caring people in my life. I'm once again reminded of the true and eternal reason for the season.......MERRY CHRISTMAS!



2 comments:

Jamie said...

cute pics! it was good to see you guys! Merry Christmas!

Beckie said...

I love love love the matching jamies. And say hi to your nieces and nephews for me. I haven't seen Anya and Linsey forever.