Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Senior Memories

As I was going through some of Em's memorabilia from her final senior year celebrations, I was taken back to my own graduation 29 years ago. I cannot believe it's been that long... nor can I believe my own baby is a high school graduate already. Yikes, I'm getting old.Here are the "paper highlights" from Emile's graduation.And here the the ones from my graduation.

When Emile and I looked though my memory book, I pointed out the program announcement with a bible on it. She asked what that was about (because heaven forbid you have a religious reference in schools today). I explained what a Baccalaureate Ceremony was. Of course she had never heard of such a thing. My how the times have changed.Emile just before Commencement Exercises.And me just before my graduation.And finally... my tassel. Yes, it's the one I wore. I carefully preserved all my senior memorabilia in the memory book I purchased. I'm glad I did because it was fun going through everything with Emile. The comparisons were pretty cool. Some things were very similar; others were worlds apart. Very interesting

So there you have it. My walk down memory lane. Time has moved by too quickly. I suppose before I can blink I'm going to be watching Brie graduate as well. Stay tuned. The best is yet to come.... Right??

No comments: