Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Young "Love"


Emile has a very special friend in her life these days. I think she's found someone who is nice this time. His name is David and he's a great young man. He doesn't mind coming to our house to "hang out," he doesn't smoke, chew, drink, swear, etc. He DOES help with meal prep, pick up after himself (help load the dishwasher), put the seat down, etc. I enjoy being around him (which is a first.. her other guys I wanted to choke). Much improved. It doesn't hurt that I knew (and liked) his mom long before we ever met him.

Yesterday, for an early Valentine's Day treat, the kids went to Fiesta Mexico for lunch. I actually went along... how fun is that!! It was cute watching them interact.David is very patient with Emile. He's trying to understand her lack of trust in men... and is trying to help her with that.He has a wonderful sense of humor. He seems to be very motivated. But most of all...He truly seems to respect my daughter. We've had the "talk" on a few occasions and we all know what my expectations are. So far they've both conducted themselves appropriately and I have no reason to not trust them at this point in time. That makes me feel happy. Imagine that!

Well done, Emile. Have fun and always remember who you are.

2 comments:

Mary said...

And he's cute. So happy for her.

Mary said...

What is so interesting?