Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's A Wrap

Posted by Picasa

A. Emile and Brie cleaning off the van
B. Mom in action with the snow blower!
C. Piles of snow out front of the house.
D. Home Sweet Home after the blizzard.

So we're finally finished with all the snow clean-up for this round of snowstorms/blizzards. My trusty Toro snow blower handled the snow just wonderfully. I wish I had got it out before today. Emile didn't think it could get through snow as deep as we had. I said let's give it a try. The worse thing that could happen is we'd discover it didn't work and have to return to shoveling by hand.We filled the gas tank and it started on the first pull. I think Emile was shocked when it started so easily. We finished the front walks in less than an hour. It took a little longer out back because we had to dig out the van and clear around it... plus part of the alley way where the plow had gone through. Still it took an hour give or take. It really was much easier doing it with the snow blower. I had a blast with it. Vroommmm Vroommmm! The girls thought I was nuts.Who knows, maybe I am just a little off balance. I'm just glad everything is done for now. I'm also not as apprehensive about more snow now that I see how well the snow blower does. All I have to do is make sure I have plenty of gas and 2-cycle blend for it. After that, we're in business!I no longer feel like a suicidal snowman. Life will be ok.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

When did you get a snowblower? I don't remember that when you moved.
But way to go, good thing you have it.