Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What Were You Thinking?

I'm sure that's what people are asking as they view this posting, however, when you are a single parent and things have to be done, sometimes you do things other people wouldn't even dream of. Survival of the fittest my friends. So the weekend before last we had the heavy snow fall due to a Nor'Easter.... it was a lot of snow, which had fallen for nearly 24 hours. When I awoke Sunday morning, I saw something odd out the bathroom window. Looking out Brie's bedroom window I saw this beauty....This picture doesn't give this monstrosity justice. It was huge and completely bending the rain gutter. I was not a happy camper. You can imagine my concern if it were to fall and hurt anyone below. Lucky Emile, I woke her and give her the news. She was going to have to go out onto the roof (from out the third floor window) and push the excess snow off. I'm sure you know what her reaction was. After I posted her Will on my FB page, out the window she went. We were running out of time.The wind had blown so hard and drifted to within a foot of the back of the house... then began to slide off the side. Em was pretty scared as she worked to push everything off (as was I). I made sure she stayed a couple feet back from the edge but it was still scary.After maybe 7 or 8 minutes (if that) she was finished and able to climb back inside.Even though she was nervous being up there, she did a great job. She went the entire length of the back part of the second floor roof. She's such a huge help when things like this happen. I'm so thankful I have her to rely on when I really need the help.You're my brave (push though it) kid, Emile. I know I don't tell you this often enough, but I do appreciate all you do. When things get rough you're always here for me. I can't begin to imagine a life without you in it. I love you!!

Rest up.. I'm sure we'll have plenty more snow events this winter. Who knows, maybe next time you'll have to go up with the snow blower!! YIKES!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, that 'icicle' was ginormous! Great job Emile!

Ashley said...

I wouldn't believe the size of that thing if you didn't post a picture of it! I can't wait until Bennett is old enough so that I can get him to do things like that for me! :0) Brie's hair is getting so long. She looks so pretty!