Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, December 25, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life


Before going to bed I had to stop and reflect on the last few hours. I finished up the little bit of wrapping I wanted to do, had a small bite to eat, then watched It's A Wonderful Life with the girls. Every Christmas Eve for several years now, we've watched this movie. It's one of Em's all time favorites and has become one of mine as well.I enjoy seeing how good a man George was, how much he tried to do the right thing for his fellow man. I'm reminded that even though he was a good man, he still had challenges... just as we all do. I wonder how many days I have an Angel sitting right beside me. I'll bet it's a lot. I can't imagine going through life without divine assistance. I'm thankful for the life I have. I'm thankful for my children, family, and friends. Life would be so different without everyone who brings joy into my day. Most of all, I'm most grateful for the birth of my savior, Jesus Christ. Without him none of this would matter. He is my greatest friend, without whom I would be completely lost.Thanks to all of you who I have the privilege of calling my friend. I love and appreciate having you in my life. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love this movie! We watched it on Christmas Eve when I was in the MTC. Being in that setting really made me concentrate on the lessons in that movie. What a great tradition to watch it on Christmas Eve!