Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, December 25, 2009

All Wrapped Up... And Other Christmas Highlights

To wrap or not to wrap? That is always the question I'm faced with in the last moments of Christmas Eve. Do I spend much time wrapping the few things I've got for the girls.. those things which will be unwrapped 15 hours later. I only got the girls their "traditional" gifts this year. We decided as a family to support other families in need and helped with their Christmas instead. It was a lot of fun and really added to the Joy of the season for us. So I finally decided (at 7:30) to go ahead and wrap.Before I knew it I was finished and everything was under the tree. Turns out some other people had decided to share the blessings of the season with us as well and we had a big bag of gifts brought to us. Funny how that works. Another reason why I love Christmas! Before long it was time for bed... Brie was up at 8:15, crawling into bed with me. Em came down not much later and got in bed too. Doesn't get much better than that.I love coming downstairs Christmas morning. It's always delightful to see the room as I left it a few hours earlier. We can't do anything before we take our "Christmas P.J." pics. After that all bets are off.
Posted by Picasa
Now we're in the cleaning up mode of the morning. We'll be heading to my brother, Corey's home in a couple hours. We're going to spend the night there. I'm excited to share the day with him since it's been several years since we've done so. After a wonderful Christmas Eve, followed by a terrific Christmas morning, I suppose I should close by saying....

IT'S A WRAP!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a cute picture of the girls in their jammies! Looks like you had a great Christmas!!! :)

We Three Queens said...

Yeah, they actually look like the love each other, don't they???