Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, July 23, 2009

TOTUS

Ok, so we're six months into the Obama Presidency now. I'm just wondering if anyone else out there is still taking notice to the President's dependence on the teleprompter? Officially it is referred to as "The Teleprompter of the United States."Now some may not agree that the President is a stuttering idiot. Personally I've never heard him stutter. I do think it appears the teleprompter is a type of "security blanket" to a degree. The President is such an articulate speaker that he doesn't want to make a mistake. He's such a perfectionist that it seems he's become too intimate with the teleprompter.Obviously being too dependent on any one thing (such as a teleprompter) can lead to mistakes.In my opinion, one must never rely too heavily on technology. We are all intelligent people with the capacity to think and make decisions on our own. At some point common sense must prevail.Otherwise the people of this great nation are going to begin to get the perception that the President isn't exactly what or who he seemed to be during the campaign.Just a thought.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I've heard him stutter plenty and absolutely stop his speech to let the teleprompter guy know he was off. If you want links and clips I can get them for you.

We Three Queens said...

No, I meant stutter like as in the speech impediment. I know the speeches he's messed up in, I was just being sarcastic.

Ashley said...

Tim appreciated your comments. I think you just made his day!