Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July


This year our day started with a Patriotic Pancake Breakfast held at the church. It was about and hour, and after eating we watched a video and sang a few patriotic songs. A relaxing start to a special day.

Earlier in the week we were invited to Jeremy and Megan's for a 4th of July party. Due to the fact that they have a pool and the girls play softball together, it was a no brainer. The party started at 2 but most people didn't arrive until closer to 3. It was a fun afternoon. No pressure. Just a bunch of friends getting together and having a good time. I even learned a new game... I think it's called RCL or maybe it's CRL. Whatever it's called it requires nothing more than knowing your right and left. That's it. It was easy and enjoyable.
Posted by Picasa
There was a ton of food. I made a peaches and cream no-bake cheesecake and a lemon bundt cake and put strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in the center. Both desserts were a hit and everyone said I could come to any of their future parties. Woo Hoo. I'm moving up in the world.

Later in the evening I had to take Emile to Dallastown to meet up with Rachel J. She's a police officer with Baltimore County and was taking Em on patrol that night. When I got back to York the fire works were already going at the fairgrounds. I found a spot behind Giant and took some pics. I could see really well and did just fine. About 15 minutes later Megan dropped Brie off. They had watched the fire works from the Middle School. It was a nice day to celebrate the independence of our nation.

No comments: