Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stupid vs Stupor

This has been an interesting week with my children. First of all, let me clearly state: I HATE SUMMER VACATION!!!!! Yes, you read that correctly. I personally believe summer vacation is punishment (torture) for parents... and a time for "pay backs" from teachers and the school administration. By now the kids are getting bored. "There's nothing to do." "I don't want to do that." "There's nothing to eat." Or my personal favorite.... "I need $10.00 for ________" (you fill this in). Thus it is that about now I start to lose what little is left to my very fragile brain. Which makes me think. What is this really all about? I have concluded it's about being a teenager in general. Now those of you with younger children may relate to some of this so I don't wish to let any one out or offend in any way. Apply this however you see fit.Do you ever ask this question of your children? Please don't think I'm saying children are stupid. Actually it's quite the opposite. They are incredibly smart and know exactly what to do and when to do it when preparing to push any and all necessary buttons to launch adults into orbit. Having clarified this, I say again. Have any of you asked this question? I have. Almost on a daily basis. It's generally followed up with... "What on earth were you thinking?" or something more brilliant like "If your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?" That's always a big hit. DUH! Of course not, they'd push their "stupid" parents off instead.The American Heritage Dictionary defines STUPID as: Slow to apprehend; dumb. Showing a lack of intelligence. Dazed or stunned. Pointless or worthless. It further describes STUPOR as: A state of reduced sensibility; torpor. Mental confusion; daze. HMMMMM Makes you wonder doesn't it? I think my children suffer from Stuporitis. That explains it.My solution??? Just enlarge this image and follow the directions exactly as outlined. It works. Really. My forehead is slightly swollen and I'm beginning to see some bruising, but other than that it's great! There are some other solutions but they involve drinking large quantities of liquor and I don't think that would really solve much so....

Unless you want to end up like this....Bang your head instead.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Josi gave me some parenting CD's to listen to on our drive out west. They were EXCELLENT. One entire disc was about 'teenage retirement'. If you want to borrow them, let me know!
Good luck! I am definitely NOT looking forward to the teenage years. yikes!

We Three Queens said...

I already have them. Any yes, they are great. It's what we've been doing for the last year and it has made a difference. Having said that, kids are kids and teens are a breed of their own. It's a good thing we don't have a full understanding of how "challenging" the teen years are or we'd drown our offspring at birth. Ok, just kidding.... sorta. :)