Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Please Explain

I've often wondered what my lovely daughters do while I'm away at work. There have been times that I've found interesting marks on my ceiling... no "solid" explanation has been offered by either of my offspring. Then there was the time I was informed of the "mishap" in the microwave. Something about trying to defrost a Capri Sun juice pouch. I really didn't want to know more. I was satisfied that the house had not burnt to the ground. You know the saying.... ignorance is bliss!!! That's me.
 
Posted by Picasa
So I come home one evening last week and find my girls are particularly happy with themselves. They have had a productive afternoon and figured out a way to feed themselves as well. And to say they aren't learning. They decided to make purple chocolate chip pancakes. While the pancakes looked rather gross, they tasted just fine. Both girls did admit to making a "big mess" of the kitchen... and even took pictures as evidence. Happily I can tell you they did clean up after their cooking adventure. I can't hardly wait to see what they try next.

4 comments:

Mary said...

adventures in cooking are some of my favorite. i remember i made my first cake from scratch when my mom wasn't home. and i love all the girls camp pictures.

Brie said...

me and emile had a GREAT!! time with these pancakes! haha.

Ashley said...

I would LOVE to have someone cook for me. Even if it's purple pancakes. Ahhh....I bet Sommer and I could really share some fun summer stories with Brie and Emile. You're right. Ignorance is bliss!

Beckie said...

How fun. I love the purple. Hope all is well.