Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, March 28, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Posted by Picasa
TADA! It's finally posted. Pics from West York's Musical. As you can plainly see, they performed "The Wizard of Oz." What a FANTASTIC job they did. Believe me when I say this. I L♥VE The Wizard of Oz. It's one of my all time favorites. If the performance had been a "stinker," I would have gotten up and left. Not only did I not leave, I ended up seeing it twice! The sets and costumes were terrific. In Kansas everything was in black, gray, and white... vivid colors when you got to Munchkin Land... very cool! were terrific. The acting was super! My only regret? I should have taken my great nieces, Alexandra and Isabel, to see it. Morgan would have been a little to young to sit through it, but I think the other two would have really enjoyed it. My bad.... I'm truly sorry, girls.

Emile and her friend, Roxie, ran sound. There's more to it than I thought, and they did a good job. Of course they were very aware of every mistake they made, but it sounded great to me. Even the band did a good job. I have NO complaints at all. It was just terrific. Very VERY good job everyone!!

And not to be forgotten, Brie was also involved in her school's play. They performed "Sunrise Boulevard." It was a murder mystery. It was nicely done as well. Brie was on the tech crew and took charge of the spot light. She did a good job and seemed to enjoy being "behind" the scenes rather than on stage. Both of the girls have performed at DreamWrights Youth and Family Theatre, so it's easy for them to fit in where ever they are needed.... or when they want a change of pace, they have broad experience and abilities. It's neat to see them being able to apply skills they've learned along the way!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That sounds awesome! I wish we would have known, we would have taken the boys to it. They love musicals. :)
(There's nothing wrong with boys liking a good musical performance. My brothers grew up watching musicals with me and they all turned out all right. :)

Candace said...

yay...i love high school musicals. I was a spotlight worker too in high school...awesome. I loved it. way to go girls. wish i could have been there to see it.

Beckie said...

Your girls are so talented. I am so glad that they are so involved.

Cheri said...

hey!! there's a picture of MY daughter in there as well!!! thanks!!