Inspirational Thoughts

Monday, June 16, 2008

My Favorite Things

Rain drops on roses... whiskers on kittens....

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS............

I love snowflakes... It's magical to watch them floating down from the sky. It's wonderful enjoying how clean and quiet it is when it snows, especially at night.

What would winter be if it didn't follow a spectacular fall? After a hot summer I savor the sights and scents of autumn.

The older I get the more I'm driven to record the events of my life... and the lives of those I hold dear to my heart. Someday soon I will be a memory. What I do today will result in how much is known about me in the years to come.

I retreat to cottage gardens. There is a simple beauty found there. God is good!

Sweet german chocolate cake. It's been my favorite as far back as I can remember. What a special treat.

Soft and tender baby feet. I miss my babies feeties... they're gone too fast.

Anything that can be done with my hands will be tried. I have felt much pleasure in making items that are uniquely made with my own skill and love.

Of course I adore Christmas. It's the time of year when we remember the greatest gift of all... our Savior's birth. It's a time when we take the time to enjoy family and friends. When we try for a little while to be just a bit kinder.

No comments: