Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Late Night Caller


I'm such a reliable friend. Yeah Right! Some of the best layed plans can go a tiny bit haywire, right?

So, a very pregnant (and overdue) AND ready to deliver Josi decided to go into labor tonight. Since we live close to one another (and are friends) we were on her "standby" list for help. Due to the heat and humidity, I'm running window A/C units to stay cool. To keep my bedroom really comfortable I shut my door to keep the cool air where I want it. Makes sense doesn't it! Of course with the door shut and the A/C on, I can't hear the doorbell. I also couldn't hear the phone ringing (even though it was on the bed stand right beside my bed). I think the ringer must have been off.


I'm sound asleep when I think I hear someone yelling my name. I'm not sure if it's a dream or not so I get up to look out my windows. I see nothing. I'm just about to go back to bed when I hear a really loud "Brenda ******." Ok, so I am hearing my name being called out.... rather urgently I might add. I open a window and yell down "what." Duh... it's Josi and Dave. They have the kids and need to get in. MY BAD!!!



All is well now. Grace and Will are asleep in the living room. Dave and Josi are at the hospital. A new life is about to begin this mortal journey. Life is good.

No comments: