Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!


Boy did I get the shock of my life yesterday. With oil prices going up and up, I decided to call my oil company to lock in on next winter's prices. I just about crapped my pants when they quoted the prices. Maybe that's why I have diarrhea today.

Last heating season I locked in on a "flexible" plan. It cost $55.00 to do so. The lowest amount per gallon I paid was $2.79... the most was $2.90.

Here are my options for next heating season:

FIXED: $120.00 to lock in at $4.90 per gallon for every delivery

FLEXIBLE: $240.00 to lock in at current market rate up to no more than $4.80.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! DOES THAT JUST BLOW YOUR MIND!!
In addition to bleeding to death because of price shock, I'm also wrapping my head with duct tape to keep it from exploding!Before I need a transfusion to keep from bleeding to death, I would like to suggest the following...

START DRILLING FOR MORE OIL WITHIN OUR OWN BORDERS!!
Perhaps U.S. citizens don't know this, but we're leasing part of the gulf to China so they can drill for oil where we can't. WHY?? I don't give a rats rearend about the caribu (sp) in the Arctic.... DRILL!!! Stop worrying about filling our cars with food (corn) and come up with some real solutions. And for the love of Pete.... stop blaming it ALL on President Bush! Keep in mind Washington is now run by the Democratic Party. If it were just about Bush and Cheney, why wouldn't the big shot Dems fix it all just to prove how bad Bush is? Who are they in bed with?????

In the mean time, get ready to be cold this winter. I've already told the girls we'll be turning the heat lower than the 67 we kept it at when we were awake (60 when we were asleep or at school/work). I don't know what else to do.

No comments: