Inspirational Thoughts

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fun, Family, Friends... And Fire

A couple weeks ago I decided to have a "Stromboli Night" and invite Em, Matt (and Dakota), Tibbs, Tibbsette, and Chelsey over to join me and Brie. We had a really fun night making Stromboli from scratch. I even made the dough. I put out pizza sauce, hard salami, ham, and pepperoni. I had sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms and added them to sausage. I put out provolone, mozzarella, cheddar, and Mexi-blend cheese to use. Each person got to customize their own Stromboli to their individual liking. Dakota even helped!

When we were all finished eating we went out back and made a fire so we could roast marshmallows and make S'mores. That was a blast.It's scary but true that I let Brie light the fire. I now believe her when she says she hates camping. Watching her light a match and start the fire was painful to say the least. It's a good thing she's not depending on making fires for her survival. She'd die. Any way, she finally got the match lit and threw it onto the wood.We have fire! Brie was so proud of herself. She cracks me up.Before long everyone was outside (along with chairs from three different rooms). It was a chilly night but the fire was nice and everyone was having fun. I think Dakota had the most fun.This was his first time eating S'mores. He loved them. I loved watching his expression when he tasted it. You could tell he was hooked from the first bite."Grandma" Brenda even got to help roast a marshmallow with Dakota. He had a great time. So did everyone else.I will admit, I ate one marshmallow and had a tiny (I mean tiny) bite of a S'more. Just enough to satisfy the desire to taste it. It was just enough and I enjoyed it.When all was said and done we all agreed that it had been a pretty cool evening. Brie and Chelsey stayed out back after everyone else came inside or left to go home. I just love evenings like this.

No comments: