Inspirational Thoughts

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Highlights

Christmas morning was a little unusual for us this year. Since Emile moved out, I've been trying to adjust to sharing her with her "new" family. It hasn't been easy. I've pretty much taken the back seat and let her do what she's going to do with them first. That way I'm not disappointed in the long run. I will be honest though, I cannot understand how she can put everyone else first..... But then again, I know deep down inside that this is the way she has always been. Brie and I (our family) have always been a distant second in her life. Anyway, we made the necessary adjustments and ended up having a fun morning.

Emile, Matt and Dakota arrived around 10:20. Dakota was pretty hyped up and full of energy. Em and Matt??? Not so much. They were more on the tired side. Such is life when you have a 2½ year old. I had to laugh a little. Choices and consequences.
First thing I did was get pictures of Em and Brie. No, they weren't in matching P.J.s this time. I guess that phase of life is past. I did get Brie some Christmas P.J.s but then I forgot which box I had put them in under the tree. Duh. Oh well, we still survived.Everyone, including Samantha seemed to have a fun time opening their gifts.Before we knew it, it was all over. Well the opening gifts part. Doesn't that always seem to be the case?

After a short nap Emile, Matt, and Dakota left and went to Matt's moms house (or someone's house) for a meal and more gifts. Around 3:30 or so Brie and I left the house and headed over to pick Chelsey up to spend the night. After that we went to my nephews home for a family dinner. It was a very nice evening. Good times spent with those who bring the most smiles to my face. After we wrapped up that visit, we ran out to see Lily for a few minutes. It was past 9 before we finally made it home. What a whirlwind day. I was more than ready to get into bed. After fun, family, food, and festivities, I was ready for some sound sleep. Another most enjoyable Christmas had come to an end.

No comments: