Inspirational Thoughts

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Disaster on an Epic Scale

Yesterday an 8.9 earthquake hit off the coast of Japan resulting in a tsunami which slammed into the Japanese coast causing wide spread destruction. It's unbelievable. The images shown on TV actually gave me chills. At this point there is no idea how high the death toll will climb. Four bullet passenger trains are gone without a trace. An entire village has been leveled. An airport is completely under water. Boats that were in the harbor are miles inland.The quake and tsunami were so strong that it caused the formation of this whirlpool in the ocean. If you look closely you can see a boat getting sucked into the center. I've never seen this before.This is an image of where the tsunami headed as it traveled across the Pacific Ocean. Hawaii and the West coast of the United States were impacted as well. Obviously not on the same scale as Japan, thankfully.

Events like this make you stop and take inventory of your life. What would I do if something like this happened here? Am I ready to leave this mortal realm? Am I doing my best each day? I am thankful for being protected to this point... and for having another day to do something good. My prayers to those who are suffering in Japan.

No comments: