Inspirational Thoughts

Friday, March 11, 2011

Complete Outrage!

I know I wrote about the Westboro Baptist Church a few posts back, but this one really has me upset. Anyone who knows me knows I love this country. I love the freedoms we have and I completely support the Constitution. Having said that, I also strongly believe that along with these privileges come great responsibility.

Recently the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Westboro's right to freedom of speech. A lawsuit was filed because these people protest at the funerals of military personnel, claiming that God is punishing our nation and these dead soldiers because of homosexuality and other issues they see fit to claim. So be it. The court has ruled. I think it's disgusting that a family cannot lay a loved one to rest without this "freedom of speech" being displayed as it is, but again, the matter has been settled... for now. Or has it?A few days ago there was a horrible fire about an hour from here. A farming family's home caught fire while the mother was in the barn milking cows and the father had just left to make milk deliveries. When all was said and done, 7 of their 8 children were killed. It was heartbreaking. The community has reached out the the family and are doing as much as possible to help them. Earlier today I heard a report on the radio that Westboro is planning on being here to protest at the funeral of the children. I was absolutely sickened when I heard it. What in the crap is wrong with these people?How would they feel if people started showing up at their funerals or place of worship holding hateful signs and screaming out hateful words? I just can't figure out why they are coming here. These were innocent children. This was a christian family. This had nothing to do with sin or war. What is their point? People in the area are angry and forming groups to help protect the family from these monsters. I think it will be a huge mistake for them to show up. I don't think it will go well for them.Unless I'm mistaken it appears that this "church" has perverted God's message. God does not condone sin, however, he still loves His children... all of them. Somewhere along the line hatred has filled the hearts of the members of Westboro Baptist Church. It's hard to not feel contempt for them... and want them to be hurt as much as they're hurting those who are mourning. Heaven help them. I'm afraid if something doesn't stop them, someone will. Things could really become ugly. I just pray they stay away from the Clouse family and allow them to mourn in peace. They've already gone through enough.

No comments: