Inspirational Thoughts

Sunday, October 10, 2010

What I'm Up Against

This afternoon my Home Teacher came to see our little family. He is an awesome Home Teacher and has been a wonderful example of love to us. He has really made a difference for us. As many of you are aware, we've had some issues with water leaking into our house. Not just a little water... a lot of water. When Bro. Miles was here today he had me walk him through the house and show him exactly what needed to be addressed before winter set in. This is what we're up against in the kitchen.Just lovely, isn't it? I'm a little frustrated as I get deeper into the discovering how extensive the problem really is. As I take "wallpaper" off, I find that there is literally masking tape behind it... AND it's not actually wallpaper. It's more like contact paper. Grrrrrr! I've found several things "rigged" just enough to get by. It frustrates me that the previous owner did stuff like she did. Oh well, I can't change that part now. I suppose part of it is just what you'd expect of a house that was built in 1900. We have to correct it the right way this time.

The goal is to get a group of men together to do a day of repairs before the cold weather sets in. I'm truly grateful to Bro. Miles for caring enough for our family to get this organized. I couldn't do it without him and the other members of our ward. More updates on the progress to be posted at a later date.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Make sure to let my dad know...he would love to help you and would do a FANTASTIC job. :)