Inspirational Thoughts

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday's Magnet

I've got this collection. If you were to look on my fridge you'd have a difficult time seeing much of the actual surface. It's covered pretty well with........MAGNETS! This all started out innocently enough. A few magnets purchased from vacations when I was still married. As one can clearly see, things have evolved. Now I have magnets from all over the world. I have friends, doctors, business men and women, runners, nurse practitioners, and family members bringing me magnets. I LOVE IT!! We've actually had some of Em's friends think we live in our modest home so we can spend money vacationing all over the world. Pretty funny.

I've decided to share my magnets with everyone. Each Monday I'll post a picture of an individual magnet. It should be fun explaining where they came from and who brought them to me. Here goes.While this is actually the newest magnet I received, I thought it would be best to begin with this one. Any of you who know me well realize I would totally see the humor in this magnet. I will admit.... I'm 100% disturbed. This gem comes from the great national treasure, Mt. Rushmore. As Lesa's husband traveled the country following her death, he kept my "habit" in mind and came home with this one. He gave it to me this past Saturday. Thank you, John.

I have around 130 magnets.... give or take. You only see the front of the freezer door in the above picture. We'll cover one a week. Stay tuned and enjoy.

No comments: