Inspirational Thoughts

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Beginning of the End.. times 2

I have a momma dove sitting on her nest above our front door. She's been there for over a week... and to my knowledge she hasn't left her nest at all. She's always there when I look and doesn't even leave when I'm sitting on the porch within 2 or 3 feet of her. Watching her, I feel somewhat like a momma bird... only difference, my little "peeps" are getting closer and closer to leaving the nest. And so it goes... today was the beginning of the end for both of the girls. For Emile it was the first day of her senior year in High School. For Brie it was the first day of 8th grade... which means her last year in Middle School. Things are changing faster than I ever imagined it would. Seems it was just yesterday I was rocking my babies... now I'm getting them ready to begin their own lives. Where has the time gone?Emile looking ready to face the day head on.
Brie ready to see her friends and peers.
My beautiful girls.... growing up way to fast. I love you both!! Have a great school year.

3 comments:

Sommer said...

Brenda they are seriously such beautiful girls! Wow. Keep up the great work. I'm learning it's the best and worst part of motherhood... watching them grow up.

We Three Queens said...

Thanks, Sommer. You're right. It is a two sided coin when you watch your children growing up. More than that though is watching them make decisions which you know will only result in pain and sorrow. How I wish I could turn back the clock and hold my precious little girls again. Now it seems all that happens is I get pushed away. It's hard. But, in spite of it all... I still love them with all my heart.

Mary said...

I know exactly you mean. It feels like yesterday I was having my babies and nwo they are practically all in school.