Inspirational Thoughts

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kauffman Reunion 10

This past Saturday (the 21st) was the 26th Annual Kauffman Reunion. It was held in Chambersburg. As always, it was a ton of fun. I just love this reunion! We had a great time visiting with everyone, eating yummy food, playing "Crazy Bingo," Bonce Ball, and of course the kids got to break open a pinata. And we took plenty of pictures to add to the photo albums.While we were at the reunion someone noticed a fire across the interstate. It appeared there was some type of burning going on but it looked like the flames were getting dangerously close to the house. Uncle Ray called 911 just in case.While waiting to see what may end up happening, Uncle Ray turned to me and told us his parents (my grand-parents) had lived in that house at one time. He then told me that was the house my dad had been born in way back in 1929. I never knew that. Uncle Ray brought over a photo album and sure enough, there was a picture of the house...Emile and Michele decided it would be fun to play on the playground. I can't blame them. Who can resist a giant dinosaur slide, right???The race is on.....Girls will be girls... what a fun time they had.
So another family reunion is done. Only a "few" months left until we head to Chambersburg for our next get together.

No comments: